Sunday, November 3, 2013

N-O-V-E-M-B-E-R!

I can't believe it's November already.  I am that much closer to packing a suitcase and boarding a plane for Toronto, then to Hong Kong, then to Beijing, then to Urumqi!  (good grief!!!)  This past Thursday I opened my agenda to see what was on schedule the coming week only to discover I had missed not one but TWO doctor's appointments on the Wednesday!  This has NEVER happened to me.  When I schedule things, those dates are immediately registered in my brain-agenda.  So I guess my brain really is somewhere else -- perhaps in China!
 
In my defense on Wednesday I got a call from our agency to say they had received our "Letter Seeking Confirmation" which is the last step before we travel.  I had to fax off a signed copy to them that day, go to the agency on Thursday to pick up a package of documents to be completed and returned Friday morning.  Included in the package was visa forms and other travel forms.  Ahhhh that much closer now.  This is what Thursday afternoon looked like for me...
 
 
 
Jon's responsibility throughout the process is to, sign here, here and here!  So I asked if he could return the package to the agency Friday morning for me so they could get it sent off to China.  I phoned to ask him how it went.  What he said next, had he been standing in front of me, would have got him a good shot in the nose! LOL!  He said, in all seriousness, "I hope this is the last I have to do.  It's a lot of work for me." I think I went silent for a couple of minutes, I was in absolute shock that he would say something like that. It wasn't until he started laughing that I realized he was joking.  Again my brain is elsewhere because I would never take a comment like that so seriously from Jon.
 
I hand wrote the visa application forms which apparently I was never told they had to be printed from the computer.  So today I have to recomplete the visa form for myself and dad and get them to the agency tomorrow.  Never a dull moment...never a dull moment.
 
I feel like I still have so much to do, but really I don't.  If I don't have everything Jack needs while in China or once we arrive home, no worries.  There is a Walmart in China and a Walmart here.  I'll get what I need when I need it.  I am worried about packing though.  Both other countries were +30oC.  Shorts, teeshirts, and flipflops.  Now we're heading into cold territory.  I'm being told to pack lightly but I don't know how you do that when you have to pack a snowsuit, boots, and warm clothes.  If anyone has suggestions...I'm open to them :-)
 
I will throw this out there too...to all "believers of prayer"...if you think of our family, could you please pray for Fredrick.  I get emotional every time I stop to think about how he is going to feel when I'm gone.  Yesterday I was so sick, so Jon kept him away from me and there were a couple of meltdowns because he wanted to be with me.  I just pray that the Lord would watch over him and that the 2 weeks will go by quickly for him and that my absence wouldn't be too hard on him.  I am hoping Lolli, daddy and family will occupy his time that he won't even have time to think about me.
 
Dear Jack,
 
Mommy and pappy are coming soon.  You look like such a happy boy in the recent photos we received.  I am sure you are being well loved and cared for.  It breaks mommy's heart to know that you will be leaving all that you know, all that you love.  Mommy and daddy promise that we will provide you with a very loving home, with 2 really fun and loving big brothers and a great opportunity for your future.  We will be there for you through all the good and even the bad times.  We will be open and honest with you and will answer all your questions to the best of our abilities.  There may be times you hate us and we get that.  We can't even imagine what you or your brothers may feel as you grow up and we will never pretend we understand, because we don't.  All we can do is be there for you as your mom and dad and guide you the best we know how.
 
Love you baby boy!  See you soon.  Mommy xoxo
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment