Saturday, October 5, 2013

Small Update

So far the past 2 weeks have been hard for me!  I don't know what it is but getting to China...getting to JACK is all I think about!  Of course this would sound normal, but I must say the last 2 times, this wait was hard but not this hard.  I check my email regularly and the phones to see if anyone has called because I want to believe that the Chinese authorities have rushed our file and we can travel ASAP.  Of course I know deep down that won't happen but this is how my brain is functioning these days.
 
I'm not one to "bug" our agency, looking for updates, but by Friday I just couldn't take the silence anymore.  When we received Jack's proposal, I was told we would receive a "pre-approval" in a couple of weeks and then we would receive another document and then we would receive our o.k. to travel.  So yesterday I casually sent off a friendly email simply asking if they would update us with ANYTHING new with our file.  And I am SO thankful I received a quick reply!
 
Apparently there is no more "pre-approval".  Once we sent off our acceptance that was the official approval.  So step 1 -- DONE!
 
We should hear something in the next couple of weeks...some kind of document that will be received that Jon and I have to sign right away and have it returned to China.  Step 2.
 
And then a few weeks later we should receive our travel approval.  Step 3.
 
AND then dad and I should be a on plane.  In the email it said maybe by the end of November!  Step 4.
 
End of November sounds so much better than early December LOL!
 
I work Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday this week and then we're heading up north for Thanksgiving Friday-Monday...1 more week down! 
 
So that's our little update!  I'm almost finally done Nathaniel's new room so I'll be able to start concentrating on getting things ready for baby Jack.
 
Jack,
 
You are that missing piece to our family puzzle!  It just won't feel complete until you are here.  I keep warning your big brother, Fredrick, that he has to share his toys AND his mommy with you.  He doesn't seem happy about it, but hopefully he'll get use to it once you are home.  You will be waking up soon.  Have a beautiful day baby!  Until we meet...
 
Love YOUR mommy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment