Sunday, September 29, 2013

2 Weeks Down...

Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since we received our baby boy's beautiful picture.  My mind hurts trying to think of things I need to do to prepare for his arrival when in reality there isn't much for me to do until we get that phone call that dad and I are cleared to travel.  There is no room to prepare, no clothes to buy/wash, not many toys to buy, etc...  Thankfully I start a work contract tomorrow so I'll be busy working and my mind won't be solely on waiting for Jack!  We are almost finished putting Nathaniel's room together (this has been one of the longest redecorating process' E-V-E-R) and once I am able to move all his clothes to his new bureau, I can start going through my buckets of clothes for Jack.  He is apparently quite small, so I'm going to keep all those 12 months clothes handy!
 
I passed by the airport the other day and started crying!  I don't know if they were tears of joy and excitement or tears of "OH MY GOODNESS, I'm going to be entering those gates, once again, for yet another 30 hr trip!"  LOL!  We had supper with mom and dad last night and Jon and I were reminiscing about our trip to Vietnam.  That's when I start getting really excited!  Dad was asking about Jack's Canadian passport and Jon said, "That was the most stressful part of Vietnam...I was so stressed!"  REALLY, Jon?  Because if my memory serves me correctly, all you had to do was sign where I told you to and entertain Fredrick while I got it all figured out!  His response, "Well I had to go pick it up!"  Oh yes that taxi ride over there must have been really stressful!  LOL!  But yes all that paperwork is quite stressful (for those of us actually completely the documents)!
 
I am praying we hear something from our agency within the next week.  There are a few documents from China that need to be issued to our agency and the first usually happens 2-3 weeks after the proposal.  Based upon the timeline I received from our agency, I am going to be hopeful dad and I travel at the beginning of December. I wonderful birthday present for me (12th) -- something to keep my mind off turning 36!!!  And what an amazing Christmas gift to be home with my 3 boys!
 
Jack, hope you have a good night sleep!  We are praying every night that the Lord is preparing your heart for when mommy comes to get you.  I'm sure it will be very difficult for you, but rest assured mommy will be there to hold you when you are afraid and when you are feeling sad.  We can just sit and hold each other!  I'm not expecting you to love me, connect with me, or even like me until you are good and ready.  Your mommy can be a pretty patient person :-)  Love you sweet boy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment