Thursday, September 5, 2013

Finally An Update!

One of the problems with caller ID is that I know who is phoning me (kind of oxymoronish I know)!  This morning the phone rang and as soon as I saw our resource person's name my heart started beating a mile a minute.  She either had good news or bad news.  I'd say it was pretty good news :-)
 
Most people automatically assume that our file is accepted, when in fact it's not until those magic words are officially spoken.  With China I have been anxious about whether or not we would be accepted due to Jon's medical history (cancer in 1998).  China's regulations state that they do not accept couples/individuals with a medical history.  Because we are going through the special needs program they are more willing to accept files but a waiver sometimes has to be requested etc, etc, etc...  So all this to say I haven't been 100% confident a third adoption was in our future.
 
Our agency heard from China, and they WILL ACCEPT our file!!!  We just have to send them a letter from Jon's Dr. stating he is cancer free.  This is no big deal since the Dr. has written one before and the secretary is very fast at getting it done.  With this letter, China will not require a waiver, so no extra wondering if it will be a yes or no and no extra delays.  WE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
 
Our rep said a new list with special needs children will be coming out soon (possibly next week)...just think our child might just be on that list!  I'm super excited and super nervous.  You anticipate and anticipate and when the time comes near, the nervousness sets in!
 
So that's my update!  WE WILL BE ACCEPTED!  I can't believe it.  Today I told Jon, several years ago I didn't think we'd ever have kids and now we will soon (hopefully) be parents to three beautiful children -- each specially chosen by God.  Christmas might be pretty crazy this year and I can't WAIT!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome news! Blessings from Steve & Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous news! So happy for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete