Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Change of Plans

I always get a lump in my stomach when someone starts a conversation with, "I need to talk to you about something..." and that is exactly what my mom did to me the other day.

"It's about travelling to China..."

Uh-oh!

"How would you feel about me staying home and dad travelling with you when the time comes..."

That's ALL?  Phew!

So that's the change of plans.  Dad will be my travelling buddy.  We did a road trip to Scarborough, Ontario together this spring and survived...what's a trip to China and back?  LOL!

Mom is worried about Fredrick and how he will be with me gone for 2 weeks.  With mom here, he'd have that "motherly comfort" while I'm gone, she'd be able to cook supper and prepare lunches for Jon and Nathaniel, and do laundry for the boys.  Jon was quite pleased with this!

Dad hasn't got to experience either of the other 2 adoptions, so that will be exciting for him.  He also loves world history, so China is a great place to experience some of that.  Dad and I also like to nap so we'll do a lot of that LOL!

I think we're both a little nervous.  Dad has never done anything like this before so he's not quite sure what to expect, and I've never done it without the help of mom (or Jon for that matter).  He must be somewhat excited though...he's already made an appointment to get his travel shots.

I am so blessed to have parents who are so willing to drop everything to travel across the world with me...not once, not twice, but THREE times!

Before I get all wrapped up in travel plans...we need a phone call...with a proposal, of course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment